Tuesday, December 12, 2017

5 websites.

http://petapixel.com/2014/12/31/10-photography-resolutions-new-year/
 was the first website i looked at. This website had very high quality action shots that still focused on the subject. My favorite picture was the first picture that showed up, the one with the sparklers and the girl in the dress. the sparkles were blurred and the girl was focused on while she was dancing with the fire. Her face tells a story of fun and having a good year to come, as it is on new years day.


http://petapixel.com/2014/12/19/disorienting-beauty-spiral-staircases-old-abandoned-buildings/
 Was the second website I looked. I like the balance and leading lines. the spiral staircases were very pleasing and fun to look at. My favorite picture was either the last one or the second to last picture, the design and pattern really stood out to me. I would like to try the Canon 5D mark II, 16-35mm f/2.8 lens and see what else the camera is good at. I wonder if the photographer used automatic or manual to shoot in, my guess would be that he used manual because some things were focused on more than the others.


http://blog.phowd.com/2014/09/7-tips-shooting-great-portrait-photographs/
 Was the third website I looked at. I learned many things from the website, the most helpful being the subject looking off camera. This one made me realize that the subject should sometimes be looking off camera to provide an emotion as if there is something interesting happening. I would like to experiment on this and try to get good pictures that provoke the viewer and add another meaning. Ir is more interesting than just using a picture of the subject looking directly at the camera smiling.


http://petapixel.com/2014/08/25/approaching-problem-style/
 Next I used this site to get more tips. The author said that I should try to link the strengthening of technique to the creation of style. She says that the most important things to look for are line, shape, form, texture, color, and pattern in pictures. Style doesn't develop on its own, that we can take boring pictures until we actively pursue its development. Lastly, she says to experiment with unusual lighting, backgrounds, and poses to try and be unique with the style we are trying to create.


http://www.rachelsussman.com/oltw
 Was the final one that i reviewed. Over the photos that I looked at, I really liked the one of the Antarctic Moss or #0212. This photo had very vibrant shades of blue and even though it was very monochromatic, it still had a great range of lights and darks. The lines of the rocks and the water hitting the rocks showed movement which helped you picture being in Antarctica. This photo really made me want to go to antarctica even though it would probably be freezing, they have really scenic and have great oppurtunities for breathtaking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

landscape pics