Thursday, February 8, 2018

Welcome back post

Best pictures.
Students play soccer near a coal plant in Poca, West Virginia, on Aug. 30.


Image result for imagine dragonsthis picture is of the band imagine dragons. They were really popular a couple of years ago and came back this year with some great hits including Believer and Thunder. Their music has always been clean, crisp and very thought provoking. Through the years, they have remained with their theme of joy and love and have always been true to themselves.

Image result for wonder womanHands down, wonder woman was the best movie released in 2017. This movie had an amazing plot and used great camera work to portray the emotions and scenery of the story. At first, i didn't want to go see it because i normally don't watch superhero movies but after a lot persuading, my neighbors finally convinced me to see the great movie and i loved it.


Image result for hurricane harvey I think hurricane harvey really affected people all over which is why i think it was the most important event of 2017. It was a massive hurricane that ruined millions of peoples lives all over the caribbean. It was a tragic event that really meant something to me because i have family in galveston and all over the coast of texas.


Image result for donald trumpOne major person of 2017 was of course the new US president, Donald Trump. He has really impacted this year with all of his controversial tweets and promises including DACA, migration laws, and famously, building the wall. He has caused many of people to be scared and many to be upset with previous decisions of the year.


PHOTO: San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick (7) and Eric Reid (35) kneel during the national anthem before an NFL football game against the Carolina Panthers, in Charlotte, N.C., Sept. 18, 2016. One major sporting event that occured in 2017 was the national anthem protesting. The whole argument started when the 49’ers quarterback decided to kneel during the anthem to support social injustice. He was standing up for police brutality against people of color. This matter was not taken lightly and was very controversial. I personally think it was very powerful and long overdue. I think that they are expressing their feelings and they are standing up for what they believe in.


MY 2017/8
I spent the christmas break in Costa Rica! We stayed in the mountains for 4 days and did things like zip lining, hiking, and riding horses. Then we went to the beach of tamarindo. There we relaxed and took in the country’s culture. I really wanted to take my best friend with me but it was really nice spending time with my family.

In my 2018, the resolutions I have are to lose weight, be the starter on the high school soccer team and get my driver’s permit. To accomplish the losing weight goal, I will work out everyday and eat healthier. To be a starter on the bowie high school soccer team, I will practice and train to be the best goalie i can be. Lastly, the driver’s permit stuff, I plan on taking driver’s ed and getting lessons from my dad, by driving at burger.

In 2018, I am really excited to have my friends in 8th grade right now, become freshman. I am also really excited to be on the soccer team for bowie and i look forward to meeting and becoming closer with my teammates. One more thing I am overjoyed about is I TURN 16!! I will officially be really old and i could drive a car by the end of the year. Lastly, I am excited to be going to so many summer camps. I am going to so many different camps and i will be making so many new friends that will make my 2018 a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

landscape pics