Thursday, November 2, 2017

NIck brandt AFRICA

the pictures that I saw were very beautiful and made me want to buy a plane ticket and get to Africa ASAP. I thought they were breathtaking and what Nick Brandt had to say about how we impacted the environment was very powerful. We need to preserve our wildlife because it is a beautiful thing and it could all be quickly ruined by mankind.

the photo I chose was the picture of the three elephants. It reminds me of my family because it is just me and my mom and my dad. It shows the elephants in a black and white photo, two facing the camera, the smaller one looking off to the side. There isn't anything in the background but it follows the rule of simplicity.Image result for nick brandt

The rule that the picture follows is the rule of simplicity. It focuses directly on the three elephants and shows great detail of the subject. there is no background or focus on the foreground so it demonstrates the simplicity of the three elephants.

He shoots all of his pictures on a Pentax 6x7 camera with modified lens to create a soft focus, tilt-shift effect. He uses that camera to create a focus on the subtle lines and features of all his subjects.

He hopes to capture the simplicity of the animals and the art of how they live regularly.The pictures really focus on the detail but the softness of the pictures he has took.

“Simply, I find myself indescribably moved every time I go to these places and see these animals in these settings.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

landscape pics